Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tonight, It's All PawnStars

We found plenty.
I spent my night in a pawn shop looking for cheap DVD's with my friends.  This is significant for me on two levels.  See, this was one of the few times that I've ever been in a pawn shop that I was looking to buy something.  Most of my experiences in pawn shops have involved either me trying to sell something I had just stolen or trying to steal from the shop itself (usually I did both).  So it's cool to be in a place where I don't have to deal with the ever present fear of getting caught or the guilt that will inevitably come after the initial high of getting away with something.  

So wait, I'm the one who
 gives you cash right?

The other way that tonight has been important to me is the fact that I spent it with friends.  This goes hand in hand with the first part as most of my... extracurricular activities didn't exactly lend themselves to having company along.  And since much of my life had been built around those very things that meant that I didn't have much time for people.  Of course, there is also the fact that I hated people so that may have played just a small part.  But the point is that I didn't spend it alone wallowing in myself and stuck in my head and I wouldn't give it up for anything else.   

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love the honestly. It adds some really serious juiciness to your piece. ANNNDDD the headline is absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete